RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 00:00:05 -0700
Dr. Rozencwajg, this could not have arrived at a more opportune time.  I
just yesterday slaughtered a mess of chickens and I was wondering about
a decent raw recipe (they're hard to find).  This looks like it can be
modified.  However, I need to know what "capres" might be.  Are they
sold there in Israel?

Thanks,
Rex Harrill

Hi Rex,
My mom has this recipe, for cooked chicken, but I thought of you and you
could make it raw. Tell me if it's out of the ballpark with too many
ingredients or protein, etc. I would most likely vary amounts of things.
Here goes:

CHICKEN SALAD

2 c             chicken diced
2 c             celery diced
1/2 c           almonds
1/2 tsp         salt
1 c             mayo
2 tsp           onion chopped
2 tbs           lemon juice

This was originally a casserole. Now I would mix the ingredients and serve
on a bed of greens.

Here's another in her archive of salads.

CHICKEN SALAD

2 c             chicken coursely diced
2 tbs           lemon juice
1/2 tsp         salt
1 c             celery diced
1 c             grapes seedless
2               eggs (hardboiled chopped) could be raw in this or not!
1/2 c           mayo
1/4 c           almonds slivered

The chicken was cooked and chilled in the lemon and salt. Then the rest of
the ingredients are added. Toss. Serves 4-5

Feedback welcome. All the best, Sheila

Kind Regards,
Sheila Shea
Interested in Intestinal Health and Colon Hydrotherapy issues.
http://www.sheilas.com

Listserv on Intestinal Health now available.
Go to:   http://listserv.azstarnet.com/cgi-bin/lwgate/INTEST_HEALTH/
to subscribe or unsubscribe