RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 09:06:57 -0700
>SO.....anyone else here struggling with an eating disorder/compulsive
>eating?  I guess I am concerned esp. since I am nursing two kids!

you are far from being alone, and i bet , all of us (concerned by the
"right diet") come from there.
My self have been unreasonnable in my relationship with food
(overeating),
when i was eating cooked,  it was going out of hand ,i brought myself
in
the hospital following a "good meal".
going into the practice of eating " by instinct" have been a
tremendous
help because soudainly i was not in "control" of what was going in my
mouth
i had to rely in an "higher power" (instinct)  to regulate my food
intake,
i was not endlessly wishing for the food to taste better by
transforming,
cooking and seasonning it, i am taking it as it is in its true nature,
(very much freeing and healing)
Eating that way after 8 years , i got the impression that i was in
control
of my overeating but emotionnal difficulties in my relationship with
loved
one, proved me otherwise. I had a relapse and went back to eat cooked
again
for few days (out of rage and despair). Eating that way work only when
you
let go of being in control , as soon i try to hold on what brought me
back
to act more sanely , i lost it and could not maintain it.
2 years ago I reached again,  the point where my life was becoming
unmanageable (by myself ) , but that time instinctive eating could not
be
helping ( my ego misused it  to gain back some control), i end up to a
12
steps program to ask for help . Just that willingness to be helped by
"something" bigger than myself (ego) brought me back some
manageability in
my food intake .
The 12 steps is a spiritual program where the higher power can be
understood as you wish , from : the group conscience to God, but it
works
when you don't allow the ego to be in charge.
It is important to recognise that our food choices are dependant on
our
attitude, ( eating vegan for deprivation?) and playing with our food
choices is a way to bring forth the attitudes that are behind ,but in
itself food doesn't resolve anything,until we deal with the source of
thoses attitudes deciding to take care of ourselves and being
nourished,
realising that we deserve the best,)

jean-claude