RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 04:54:57 -0700
Hi all,

I'm very happy to annouce that I will host a live chat "meeting" for us,
the raw food support group in my new chatroom on Sunday, June 7, 1998.
I have to leave around 8 am PDT (0800 here), so I'll propose we meet
from 0600-0800.  But if anyone wants to stay longer please feel free to
enjoy without me. I'll start there 0600 sharp unless my computer
crashes, my ISP goes down or there other technical problems interfere.

I'm reading some interesting stuff on oils, essential fatty acids (EFA),
will discuss some interesting things then, to kick things off, with
summary posts to this list afterwards for those who miss the fun.
Preview - biochem approach shows fats and oils will kill you, literally.
Right EFAs can help your skin, hair, nails, weight loss, elimination,
energy, longevity.  Makes me rethink some things, but all supports a
mostly (but not all) raw diet.  I searched the archives, and saw only a
few posts regarding this topic on EFAs, so I believe it is something
that may interest most here. Udo Erasmas published his book a few years
ago, but somehow, the ideas never became too popular, and my local
library doesn't even have it, so it never caught on; more technical and
probably kind of unappealing reading for average lay person.  It
confirms the intuitive feelings I have had for years that we live best
on a relatively high fat diet if they are the right fats.  I don't eat
carbs much, but I will eat select fatty and oily foods.

Excess or wrong extracted oils & cooked fats/oils = really bad for one's
health, generally.  And getting the ones you need - well you can, but
lots of people really don't in their foods...& as stated in one of Tom's
older posts, flax seed oil has lots of good stuff but spoils, so
extracted flax seed oil is not too useful...

To use the chatroom, your browser must support Java.  When you get to my
chatroom page, please be patient as it takes one to two minutes to load
for the first time.  Inactivity for prolonged periods will automatically
log you off. Hope to see you there Sunday at

http://wellnessplace.com/news/chat.htm

regards, roberta