RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Boyar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 97 23:41:31 -0700
Dear Stefan,

Thanks for your curiosity, and your inquisitive spirit.

I will leave these questions to Zephyr to answer -- in a couple days, no
doubt:

>Deborah, you mentioned, that Zephyr had his teeth dentally handled after you
>met him. Can you/Zephyr give an exact listing, which types of material he
>had in his mouth before the treatment and now? Also how many teeth are
>treated, how many are intact?

>Zephyr, how long did you practice raw nutrition, since when did you change
>to instinctive nutrition and since when did you take Cassia? Did and do you
>take Cassia daily or when?
>
>- trichinosis produces an extreme eosinophilia
>(correct word?)

Yes, eosinophilia is the correct term

>, i.e. the
>number
>  of eosinophils in the blood of the host increases extremely
>- the encapsuled trichines survive in the muscles of the host for 10 to 30
>  years
>- for later stages of the disease (which Zephyr certainly reached) a drug
>  named Mebendazol will help.
>
>But it doesn't say if the encapsuled trichines can reinfect the host again
>within their lifespan. Also it doesn't say if Mebendazol kills the encapsuled
>form.

Yes, I wondered about that, too, and thanks to Jean-Louis, who confirms
what our doctors told us:

> -Vermox (TM) is the commercial name of Mebendazol...;
> -It may help to get rid of encysted forms but they are not 100%
>efficient.

So apparently it's possible for these critters to hatch out again in the
next few decades?

>If you would like to give it a try I could get a description of Mebendazol,
>translate it and send it to you. Furthermore it should be possible to buy
>the drug and ship it to you if this isn't restricted by laws.

It's exceedingly kind of you to suggest this;  I'm really struck by your
generous offer.  We're now at the point where Zephyr has completed his
course of Vermox and seems to be making a steady recovery.  But thank you
so much.

>Orkos-criteria for instinctive quality meat:
>1. no feeding for the animals except with instinctive quality food
 >  (for clarity: instinctive food does   n o t   include wheat)
>2. of course no drugs even if animals get sick
>3. animals may not have the possibility to eat human waste or get to fields
>with cultivated fruits/vegetables/grains etc.
>4. animals live in free nature the whole year

It seems to me that points no. 3 and 4 might contradict each other.  In
free nature, some human waste would appear here and there, I would think.
 Now, would the waste of a human instinctive eater be acceptable for the
animals to eat?  (Assuming, of course, it's a third generation instincto
:-D)

>5. at least three generations of each species must have been living this
  > way. Meat of the second generation for instance is   n o t   sold by
Orkos.
>6. Hygienical standards of the EU must be met, otherwise the meat couldn't
 >  be sold. (And the EU is quite crazy now because of crazy cows and sick
  > porks)

What are the EU hygienic standards, if you know them?  And do any of them
run counter to instincto philosophy or slaughtering/butchering practice?

>I would like to stress point no. 3. I strongly guess that the mongoose has
>had access to human waste and that it wasn't eating instinctive quality
>food because it caught sick rats and mice.
>This was the purpose the mongoose
>originally was imported to Hawaii. The rats and mice were threatening the
>plantations.
>So the mongoose is suspect to have eaten human waste and fed itself with mice
>and rats that were living mostly of waste or had access to cultivated products
>supposedly poisoned by commercial agricultural treatments.
>Since the poisons accumulate in the nutrition chain I suppose the mongooses
>living on Hawaii belong to the sickest animals that can be found there.

Are there any circumstances under which you might consider a mongoose (or
other carnivore) instinctive quality?

>My conclusions are, that Zephyr intoxicated himself by a high intake of
>bad meat and finally his immune system was so weakened it couldn't protect
>him from the parasite. I think up to that point his immune system has done a
>great job. I guess that several other animals he ate also were carrying
>parasites.

Your theory makes sense and again, I appreciate you taking the time and
energy to think about it and express yourself.

>I tried meat of wild porks of germany. It wasn't wild
>at all. It was a accumulation of the waste these porks ate.

And you didn't get sick, right?

> I will keep in
>mind that instinctive nutrition is not an antidote for all types of para-
>sites.
>At least if I should show symptoms of disease after consuming RAF I will
>immediately go finding out what it is instead of assuming a detoxification
>process.

Excellent; I'm gratified.

>I wish you all the best

And the same to you!