RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 96 03:29:22 PDT

> My son is doing a little better now in transitioning to a high-raw
>diet, but still has a lot of resistance, especially when visiting his
>friends, whose parents feed their kids sausage, hot dogs and pizza on a
>very regular basis!

Cooked "foods" contain lashings of sodium. Sodium (in salt) is
recognised as an addictive compound. A raised sodium blood
level may disturb electrochemistry which supresses the cancer
cyctoxic stuff... etc.. may lead to cancer etc... etc.. bluh bluh.

This could be a question about who to make good friends with, like do
you say they are junkies!? Good grief! As straight edge minded person
I'd have to explain to jr. that those people are killin' themselves.
what the answer to all this madness is I don't know. Fearsome...

>Tristan (my son) will usually have some apples, bananas, carrots during
>the day, but tends to crave the heavier and cooked foods.

Could be the sodium levels? Plus that big gut feeling, he's been
cultured up like me. I still crave the starch and fat occassionaly.
Just avoid the critter stuff of course. Fat is demonstrated to be
addictive in apes to I think.

>I let him
>have baked potatoes just about every day, the "essene style" carrot

A baked potato, that's about a 40 min jog to burn off, the little
people need loads of cals to grow- unless he wants to eat fruit
dawn till dusk, he will have to have complex carbos I suspect.

I've seen a recipe that says put mashed avo on the baked potato,
crazy in combiner terms perhaps, but if you can keep him veggy/vegan
then that's the big point to my mind. Check out my Raw Apocrapha
web page if you can, should turn a non raw fooders hair green!
Not that it's shocking unless read and understood in sum.
http://www.nildram.co.uk/veganmc  -  pass through mindfood...

>raisin bread found in health grocers' freezers, and raw goat cheese to
>help him in his transition. Unfortunately, he doesn't like avocados.
>Actually I think he really does like them, but just has it in his head
>that he doesn't.

I've only found fresh ripe avos at all digestible or flavoursome. Olive
oil or black pepper may assist, but hardly a good raw start, I think
kids are best left alone to make their choice, but just provide the most
info for them you can. One of my friends young daughter after being
veggy for many years decided to go vegan like mumy of her own free will!

hope it goes well,

J.C - now only requiring 4 hours sleep/night, and still full of <erm>
beanz!?