RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Labedz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 22:07:24 -0400
Hi Ward!

Great message to the group on psychological aspects of diet.  Most of us
modern folks have gotten so far away from any kind of intimate connection to
our bodies that we don't recognize or honor our physical reponses until they
are screaming at us. Of course, so much in our society teaches us to be this
way. To be otherwise means unlearning and then relearning what was, as
infants, all we knew how to do.  What's more socially comfortable is to let
the intellect run the whole show, thus we can get into situations such as the
ones you described in your recent message.  At least those of us with
interest in more natural diets are putting attention in this area rather than
eating with the near total lack of awareness that we used to have and that
most of society still does have.

Smiles,

Sandy