RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Ziemann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:12:47 -0500
Hi everyone-I'm new to this list, so bear with me.

I have been raw at different levels for a couple of years now.  For the past
2 months, I have been eating 5 pieces of fruit, each by itself-first, a
banana, than an apple, than a whole cantalope, then grapefruit/orange.  No
more fruit the rest of the day, but this has seemed to completely cure my
craving for sugar the rest of the day-(used to drink a lot of alcohol, so my
sugar cravings became rabid after I quit).

Midday, I eat a large salad with spinach, sprouts and avocado.

Dinner is the hardest.  If I eat a couple of crackers with my mate-(who is a
bread/salami & heavy cheese man), I end up binging on them.  Then the cheese,
which dosen't set well in my system.

My question is:  what can I do to improve my diet?  Cooked food makes its way
in my life on the weekends and some evenings.  Should I allow myself to go
through it, or can I eat something that will help kill the cravings for
carbs?  It seems my body likes the raw, lighter foods.  I don't feel well
eating cooked, with the exception of miso soup.  I know miso is considered
"cooked", but this soup seems to do wonders for my digestive system.  I crave
hot soups in the winter.-noodles have become too heavy, however.

Any thoughts on miso?

peace
lisa