RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:20:02 -0800
Jo:
>It seems some people are attracted to NFL's "take no prisoners" approach.
>All-raw or filth. Digital. I've read their various responses to instances

Tom:
NFL appears to promote the idea that 100% raw is all that counts - health
does not count, decency does not count; they promote the idea that your
status as a human being depends on being 100% raw. Compare that with
those who promote the idea that your status as a human being depends on
being 100% Aryan. Using dietary purity as an excuse to hate other people is
no different, in principle, than using racial purity for the same purpose.

Jo:
>of plagarism and all I got out of it was denial and "we don't give a shit
>because we'll do anything we want to rid the earth of cooked food
>addiction." Again, some people are moved by this stance. This is what you
>and I and other people do not find appealing.

Tom:
Hatred, fear and anger - the very core of the NFL message - in fact are
strong motivators (that cannot be denied). However, for an example of
the ultimate effects of a cult of hatred and fear, one need only look at
what happened to Germany under the Nazis. Hitler's "Mein Kampf"
motivated a generation  of Germans; I doubt that the poorly written and
plagiarized book of NFL, will do anything more than attract a few
wackos, to their dishonest cause.

Jo:
>So what is behind this macho facade and propensity to threaten those who
>disagree?
>
>Messrs. Arlin, Dini, and Wolfe aside, are the female supporters of NFL
>afflicted with this energy as well?

Tom:
Yes, it appears that is the case. After my talk at the 1997 Raw Expo,
a female supporter of NFL (Nature's First LIE), came up to me and
insulted me. Other female supporters of NFL have done the same
to me, at other times.

As I said, NFL=hatred in my opinion, and their negative energy is
destroying their organization, as well as the entire fruitarian
movement. I have been contacted by a number of fruitarians who are
horrified by the damage NFL is doing, to the image of fruitarianism.

As for your question of what lies behind the macho facade, I
can only guess and offer my opinions: fear, insecurity, greed?

Tom Billings