RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aria Nadii <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:33:53 -0500
At 08:47 AM 1/26/03 -0800, you wrote:
>Question:  how can a success story not include eating raw meat?

It can. I'm just not sure how. All I know is that  my health did
improved significantly on a raw vegan diet. I have not had meat
for 22 years and have not included animal products in my diet
for the past 5 years with the exception of a one month trial that
failed. I cut out the animal products again quickly because they
had detrimental effects on my body and health.

I became a "cooked" vegetarian at age 16. My diet was very
heavy on starch and dairy. I developed Type 2 diabetes by age
32 and was overweight. 5'4 at 175 pounds. I was (and still am)
very successful on a raw vegan diet. When I eat all raw plant
foods, I have normal blood sugar and also bone spurs, rashes
and other problems all clear up. I took off  65 pounds. Now
I am 115 pounds, a good weight for me. I'm happy and healthy.
I have no anemia or deficiencies. My doctor approves of this
and advises to keep it up. I eat only raw plant foods and do
not take supplements.

My regular diet includes sweet and non-sweet fruit, green leafed
and root vegetables, nuts, seeds, as well as sea vegetables such as
kelp, dulse, and laver. I go easy on nuts and sweet fruits. My diet
is heavy on green vegetables and I include some kind of fatty fruit
every day like olive or avocado. I use nuts, seeds, and dried fruits
in moderation...mostly as flavorings or treats. I eat almost no grains,
legumes, or sprouts except for the occasionally use of oat groats
which are raw. I eat all raw. I use no animal products.

As I mentioned, for about a month, I tried including various animal
products in my diet and it did not improve my health at all. Raw dairy
caused significant health problems to return. They cleared up when I
cut the raw dairy out again. Eating raw fish made me ill. I could not
bring myself to eat meat. It does not appeal to me at all. I suppose I
am a natural vegetarian considering I started so young. I do not need
meat or any animal products.

>>   For a story to qualify as a raw vegan success story, I suggest the
>> following requirements (and perhaps more).

I believe that I qualify. :)