RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 06:51:37 -1000
Wes:
>Ocean fish (tuna, mackerel, etc.) are even more polluted than freshwater
>trout (especially mercury content).

This I'd like to see stats on. Besides, there are many kinds of ocean fish,
Try sardines instead of the top of the food chain tuna.

>Heaven help us if you can somehow compare luscious ripe fruit to 'aged'
>meat -- carrion (dead, putrefying flesh: Webster's). As for rotting
>fruit, I think I'll pass; I have some old fruit in the compost pile, and
>it does not appeal to me.

Aged meat is not rotted as ripe fruit is not rotted. You seem to be quite
an expert on RAF and heaven but also seem to have little experience in
either.

>Consciousness is superior to matter.

What does it mean? Something like the old Kung Fu series? Stand in front of
a semi doing 65 mph and we'll see which is "superior". ;)

>Although, matter affects matter in many ways.

Yes, how nice of you to concede that. ;) Maybe some matter (ie, your brain
cells) arrange matter (your brain connections) in such a way that folks
"believe" that non-matter (labeled "Consciousness") is matter and this
frees some from connections with reality.

>The key is to encompass
>all the factors, not just food.

Yeah, like the role that belief systems have in leading us astray from reality.

>Bottom line: it's crazy to believe that
>one would be somehow deficient unless one reverts to eating some cooked
>food.

Bottom line: it's crazy to _believe_

Bottom line: your bottom line is a "given" to you, not something that you
arrive at after careful thought. In other words you use your thought to
justify what you believe in the first place. A circular logic which admits
no room for contrary information, contrary experience, or contrary
"reality".

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft