RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anju Sidana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:33:44 PDT
Hey everyone.  I'm so sorry that (as usual) I'm not quite up to date
on
current topics, so forgive me if this has come up recently...

Does anyone have any thoughts on excessive vitamin and mineral intake
and
premature aging (as opposed to calorie intake and premature aging)?

I have no formal background in this, but I was thinking along the
lines of
cell life cycles speeding up according to vitamin intake, or something
like
that?

Or premature aging in relation to veganism?

I ask this because I have been a vegan (milk chocolate candybars being
the
exception) for six or seven years, from about age fourteen to 21, but
my
diet was otherwise like the SAD. During the last year and a half, I
have
been eating about 75% raw, mostly organic, pretty healthy, and
allowing
myself to eat one candy bar or only a few cookies a day, and avoiding
preservatives and unfamiliar ingredients.  The thing is, I am 22, and
have very inelastic skin as compared with other people in my family,
immediate and extended.  My eyelids noticeably sag and Im even getting
frown
lines!!!  The rest of my family eats like crap, and I do mean crap,
yet they
have much more resilient skin.

I also started eating fish and organic yogurt this summer, and I think
my
skin is doing better.  I can't say for sure though...I'm just trying
figure out if there is a connection with my vegan or raw diet.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer...
Anju