RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:41:57 EST
Jean Louis,
<< Now, I am certainly open to the idea that some people don't need meat or
fish >>

Last week we bought a piece of luscious looking steak at our Whole Foods
store, put together a salad from their salad bar, sat down in their cafe, and
ate it our steak raw.  It was very scary.  I think I could find it delicious -
but I'm scared of it just CRAWLING with microbes.  Honestly, although I feel
safe eating it cooked, I have no idea who's touched it, what careless handling
may have done to it, etc.

If I thought it was safe to eat this meat raw, I think I'd do it - since I
really think I do better with meat (specifically red meat) in my diet (I've
been a vegan for twenty -some years).

So, I guess I'm writing this in the hopes that someone will convince me that I
don't have to worry about the cleanliness, or possibility of contamination
with something dangerous.

I live near Washington DC, so we don't have organic meat raisers nearby, and
the prices quoted about a month ago for ordering from Hawaii were too high for
me (plus we don't have anywhere to store such huge amounts of meat). I'd love
some guidance!

Thanks all! With much love,
Liza May ([log in to unmask])