RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:12:16 -0400
Hi Mark,

> I didn't even know the tumor was there until my body
> spontaneously expelled it via my urinary tract shortly after going
> 100% raw.

I apologize for the graphic-ness of the following questions, but,
I'm very interested in your unusual story.

1. Am I understanding that you urinated this out?
2. How did you retrieve it?
3. What prompted you to take it to the doctor for analysis?
4. Was it painful?
5. Did you think it was a kidney stone?
6. Had there been any prior warning that something different was
   happening than an ordinary urination?
7. What type of cancer did the lab say that this was?

> actually started about a year before, when I did an herbal cleanse
> (Arise & Shine).

Ah! The famous Arise and Shine! My local herb shop told me that
Richard Anderson has been in jail for the last several years, and
that the Arise & Shine products were taken off the shelves, because
of some dangerous pharmaceutical drugs (I forget what now, but if
you're interested I'll get all the gory details) that he had been
adding to his supposedly natural formulas.

> I have read of similar stories from doctors
> like Richard Anderson and Richard Schulze,

Anderson's not a doctor, Mark. He is (according to the "ND" after
his name) a naturopath, and I, for one, do not know where or when or
how he became one. For a long while (maybe even still now, in many
states) anyone, without any training whatsoever, could call
themselves a naturopath, and put "Dr." in front of their name. And
for a couple thousand US dollars, and one year's correspondance
course, anyone can get a mail-order "degree" in naturopathy from
lots of different places. (Then there's Bastyr, which adheres to a
rigorous and high standard for its students. I'd be surprised if
Anderson went to Bastyr. I think he started calling himself a doctor
before their program existed).

> Your approach only alienates JR, me and others

Ha!! Heeee heee. I have a sneaking suspicion he's been alienated for
a looong time. Waaaay before he met me. :D But of course, then he
was able to get a little more alienated. lol :)

>... there is a possibility of finding common ground or persuading
>others of the merits of your position.

Ah well. You're probably right. Now I've probably gone and convinced
people to become 100% raw foodists :) (just kidding).

> not all of us are left-brained scientist types, armed with the
> latest studies.

Do you mean like me? I hope I hope? That'd be nice! :)

> Some of us, like JR, are of a more poetic nature

er, um,
   did you
     happen
        by any chance