RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Walter Semerenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:08:47 +0000
>re: dioxin contamination
>Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>:
>>The source of the contaminations is feed.  Many commercial feed companies
>>add bentonite clay to reduce clumping which was contaminated with dioxin.
>>This clay was near a mine.

Tom:
>I wonder if the bentonite clay used in a number of "intestinal cleanse"
>products comes from the same (contaminated) source? I hope not...

Walter:
Tom, that's *exactly* what I was thinking.  I have fasted before drinking a
solution of bentonite clay.  As far I know, bentonite has a strong polarity
which attracts a lot of heavy metals and toxins.  I wonder if this bentonite
neutralizes the toxins by binding to it.  Perhaps the original article
should be posted to the intestinal-health list.  (for some strange reason
I've been unsubbed from the list)

Walter.