RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 05:07:05 +0000
Date:    Thu, 11 May 2000 13:29:11 -0400
From:    Norman Skrzypinski <[log in to unmask]>

>Mixing foods, adding condiments and cooking alter both the odor and the
>flavor.  This causes us to consume what we should not.
>All of our choices are partly innate, partly conditioned.  I think it's
>important, in order to learn, to set aside what we think we know ... to
>be receptive to new ideas and to experience things honestly.  With
>regard to food, I think that spicing and cooking is a form of
>dishonesty; we're fooling our senses of taste and smell -- and
>subverting them.  Those senses evolved because they contributed
>significantly to our survival.  I think that they're very directly
>related to the brain, which is very intimately related (via hormones,
>the nervous system and neurochemicals) to the whole body.  A healthy
>brain, in a healthy body, knows what it needs -- and healthy,
>well-conditioned senses can lead us to it..

Yes, yes...Besides giving up the cooked and altered foods that fool
our
senses, which is hard to do as long as food addictions persist, the
abnormal neurochemical levels in the brain and nervous system that
result from toxicosis need to be restored. Toxicsis in the brain
afflicts nearly all of us and results from the continual suppression
of
negative emotions. When this toxicosis is eliminated using self
help measures, neural pathways are cleared and taste receptors are
better able to do their job of letting us know which natural foods we
need. If any are interested in this recovery, please see my scientific
article: The toxic mind: the biology of mental illness and violence.
It
is a siimple theory. Albert Einstein once said, "[m]ost of the
fundamental ideas of science are essentially simple, and may, as a
rule,
be expressed in a language comprehensible to everyone" The self help
measures based on this discovery are also simple and can relieve all
addictions, including the food addiction, in about a year. Please be
sure to read the Endorsements and Testimonials on:

http://pages.nyu.edu/~er26

Ellie