RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 08:03:16 -0800
Hi Jean-Louis,

Jean-Louis Tu wrote:

> Anyway, even if it did, I don't think there is any problem if you rotate your
> foods. I personally rotate between beef, lamb, chicken, different kinds of fish,
> and vegetable "proteins" (like nuts, avocados, and occasionally sprouts). So, I
> might be exposed to beef protein for one week, but then, since I spend more than
> 1 month without beef, my immune system has enough time to clear the remaining
> proteins that might still be around. And non-mammal protein (chicken, fish, etc)
> is certainly much more different from our own than beef protein.

I think this is really a good point. My observation is that rotating
foods seems to be very important for people to really stay well and
healthy, or at least a wide variety of foods is important.  Personally I
believe having a very large variety is important, and certainly people
with food allergies can decrease their sensitivities just by rotating
foods.  Logic seems to point to our ancestors having to have the ability
to live well from a wide variety of food that was changing as they
travelled or as climatic/seasonal changes made different foods
available, and that those that couldn't died; so it is part of our
genetic heritage.

regards
roberta