RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 97 10:46:00 PST
        does garlic truly ignite sexual passions when cooked, while inflaming
                 anger when eaten raw?

Hi Bodhi,

I have been on a sattvic diet (including no onions & garlic) for extended
periods. I don't know about the sexual passions, but I found that after a period
on the sattvic diet, my senses were keen enough to detect miniscual amounts of
garlic in any food. When I did ingest any garlic (either cooked or raw), the
effect was similar to a non-coffee-drinker drinking a cup of coffee. i.e. my
mind would race, I would have trouble concentrating, my body would become more
restless, and the feeling was generally uncomfortable. After resuming a diet
that included garlic and onions, I stopped noticing that delta. Garlic and
onions did not appear to make any significant difference to meditation, since I
seemed to get used to either "mode". Except that giving up garlic/onions was
similar to giving up coffee/tea: you tended to initially feel sleepy, then
you felt good for a bit, then you got used to it. These days I include raw
onions and raw garlic in my diet. I don't find my emotions and passions
significantly different in any way. Though, the process of detoxifying my
body appears to have also made me calmer and more patient.

Regards,

Roy

Subject: Cassia Now Available
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 97 11:29:31 -1000
From: Zephyr <[log in to unmask]>

Aloha everyone,

Zephyr and I have been at Pangaia since January 22. We thought we would
have been able to have e-mail access before now!  But telephone line and
software complications have prevented that...  It's been a mixed
blessing, actually.

Excellent quality cassia is now available for sale through Pangaia.  For
details, contact Manis Martin at RR2 #3950, Pahoa, HI  96778, or call him
at 808/965-6069.

We will be back in Santa Barbara February 26th.

Zephyr & Deborah
Aloha!