RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 20:20:54 -0900
JL:
>I can also imagine our ancestors searching for dead animals, and eating a few
>berries on the way.

Me too, me too ;)

>Generally, I eat about 1/4 lb of fruit,
>sometimes 1/2 lb and occasionally 1 lb (when I am not able to stop). However,
>I am becoming less and less addicted to fruit, and in fact, fruits often
>become really uninteresting compared to RAF.

There seems to be a point (somewhere above "mid-carb" level) where the
(over)attraction to fruit falls off. Aajonus and Schmid (two low-carb raw
diet proponants) seem to agree on this experiencially.

>By eating that way, I have noticed an improvement of my digestion. But
>whenever I come back to excessive fruit, my stools become watery the
>next morning.

Yeah, that's how I judge "too much fruit"...too loose stools. But I seem to
get away with all fruit days better after this stretch of low carb.

>The problem is: my attraction for meat is abating now.

I know exactly what you mean here. Why isn't a low carb all-raw diet
satisfying? No organs? Evolution?

>Maybe I will come
>back to sprouts? Or to avos? Or, in a distant future, I may consider
>some forms of light cooking; but if so, I will eat cooked meat only rarely
>(sorry, I couldn't resist...)

Pun spelled backwards is "nup" and that's e-nup outta you...

Cheers,
Kirt