RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 97 12:47:00 PDT
Hi all,

I have been totally raw for between 3-4 months now. Until recently I was
doing really great: people commented on how much younger and healthier I
looked.

Recently (in the last two weeks) things seem to have changed somewhat:
people tell me that I'm looking sickly and older, and that my face is
looking haggard. I can't detect this in the mirror, and subjectively I
feel really great. My strength levels and endurance are really high.My
concentration is outstanding. Overall, everything is going really well.

The only thing that really bothers me is that I am finding it really
difficult to tolerate cold. At 65degrees I'm shivering and unable to
sleep, while my wife doesn't even need any covers. Therefore I'm worried
that I may be developing some deficiency.

My doctor, whom I rarely see anyway, seems totally out of it when I
discuss nutrition and blood screening. What I would appreciate from
anyone who is willing to comment is :

(1) what could be the reasons for my lack of tolerance to low
temperature?

(2) what kind of blood profiles should I ask my doctor to recommend? Can
I just bypass the guy and go directly to a lab to get these done?

(3) is there any known reason for my starting to look older?
Is it a lack of some nutrition?

By the way, my diet is a "zone modified" "somewhat instincto" scheme: I
try to eat several small meals that are seperated by 3-4 hours. At these
meals I try to stay in the zone. (Typically a raw egg or two, and a
banana or two. I know that Sears frowns on either of these, but what the
heck - they're raw!). For dinner I have a large salad with raw nut
butter, avocados, lots of sprouts and greens, and other veggies.
Occasionally (maybe once a week or so) I have sashimi. I have also
dabbled here and there with kefir from raw milk. I also supplement my
salads with seaweed, occasionally with miso as well. After my salad I
tend to eat a lot of fruit.

Before I went raw, my staple was rice, with beans and vegetables.
The first few weeks of raw were euphoric. I still feel great, but I'm
worried about the way I seem to look, and my intolerance for low
temperatures.

Thanks,

Roy