RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 10:46:32 -0400
I'm not an expert in this area, but why are bipeds considered more
capable
of walking long distances? the implication is that we became biped in
order to walk further distances but  it seems to me that four legged
animals do just fine roaming around the earth for great distances so
becoming biped may have been for other reasons and not necessarily for
running, hunting or road kill, tho those may have been side effects.

lucia

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Liza May wrote:

> Rrom today's Washington Post, as reported yesterday in Science
> magazine. Note the paragraphs below that discuss diet.......
[snip]
> The Dmanisi find is the best evidence yet of an early departure from
> humankind's point of origin in Africa at a time when ancestors there
> had just
> evolved into long-legged species capable of walking long distances.

[snip]