RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dr Bernarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 04:44:18 EST
Blake Graham wrote an article on Multiple Sclerosis on this Raw-Food message
board, in which Blake indicated a bibliography on "Diet is the key to
Multiple Sclerosis".
I agree. I have excellent results in helping patients heal themselves,
world-wide, with Multiple Sclerosis, via the Internet and telephone. Below
herein, I describe how I succeed, in helping those with Multiple Sclerosis,
heal themselves.
            MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS-HOW TO HELP HEAL IT PERMANENTLY
   Multiple Sclerosis, is also known as MS, disseminated sclerosis and
insular sclerosis. MS, generally, first occurs in people between the ages of
20 and 50. Children almost never get MS. 400,000 Americans have MS. MS is
twice as common in women as in men.
MS is a chronic, lifelong, induration (hardening) of an inflammatory
character, in patches scattered over your brain and spinal cord (your central
nervous system). The inflammation may result in demyelination, gradual
destruction of the insulating, protective covering, the fatty, myelin sheath,
that covers your nerve fibers, leaving multiple areas of scarring
(sclerosis). The amount and locations of the paralysis that results, depends
on the amount of hardening in the nerves and the locations of the patches of
hardening. As a result, the nerve impulses are blocked or distorted and the
body cannot properly respond to them.
At autopsy, in MS, it is found that the insulating sheath of the nerves is
broken down and the nerve cells and fibers have fused together. This is found
at autopsy in MS, because the trouble does not start as a sclerosis
(hardening), but as an inflammation.
In MS, when the myelin sheath is damaged or destroyed and the nerves exposed,
the impulses from the brain center cannot pass through them properly, with
the result that the muscles which normally do your bidding, are out of
control. A progressive weakness ensues. The MS patients try to move their
legs, but they can't; they try to focus their eyes, but they remain
unfocused; they will their knees not to buckle, but they do. This is the path
of MS.
Most frequent presenting symptoms are paresthesias (sensation of numbness,
burning, insect creeping sensation, prickling, or tingling, heightened
sensitivity) in one or more extremities, in the trunk, or on one side of the
face; weakness or clumsiness of a leg or a hand; or visual disturbances
(e.g., partial blindness and pain in one eye [retrobulbar optic neuritis],
diploplia (double vision), dimness of vision, scotomas (islandlike blind gap
in the visual field), frontal headaches, deafness, photophobia (unusual
intolerance of light), decreased position sense, sexual dysfunction,
deterioration in intellectual functioning, depression, hallucinations,
seizures, Parkinson's Disease symptoms, electric shock down arms and legs
upon neck flexion and may mimic Trigeminal Neuralgia. Other common early
symptoms, are a fleeting ocular palsy (paralysis), transient weakness of one
or more extremities, slight stiffness or unusual fatigability of a limb,
minor gait disturbances, difficulties with urinary bladder control, such as
urinary urgency or hesitancy, vertigo (dizziness), or mild emotional
disturbances-all evidence of scattered Central Nervous System involvement and
often occurring months or years before MS is recognized. Eventually, there is
increasing disability, with weakness, spasticity, intention tremor, (tremor
intensified when attempting coordinated movements), ataxia (defective
muscular coordination) of the limbs, impaired vision, and urinary
incontinence. Excess heat may accentuate symptoms and signs. The findings on
examination at this stage, commonly include optic atrophy, nystagmus
(constant, involuntary, cyclical movement of the eyeball), dysarthria
(difficult, poorly articulated speech) and neurological and sensory deficits
in some or all of the limbs. MS moves into its most critical stages, when the
lungs and heart muscles become effected. The condition is progressive,
because its cause is not recognized and removed; and the patient tends to
become more and more paralyzed until, ultimately, complete helplessness
evolves. There are periods of exacerbations and remissions.
Sunbathing as nudely as you can, will help heal your MS.
MS is more common in temperate climates (1:2,000) than the tropics(1:10.000).
The further away from the equator and its year-round sunshine, the greater
the incidence of MS. The area where nature protects itself against MS, is
abundant sunshine. This is the obvious environmental factor that
distinguishes the tropics from other parts of the world. Moreover, a number
of scattered investigations-in the U.S.A., Australia, and Israel-showed that
in a given group of individuals, the prevalence of MS correlates
significantly with sunniness of the "home towns" of the group. Where many
came from sunny regions, MS prevalence was low-and visa versa.
Anything that blocks sunshine from penetrating the skin, will reduce he
amount of vitamin D that the body makes. People with lower levels of
activated vitamin D, are at a greater risk for developing MS. Vitamin D in
human beings, is absorbed through the skin, by the influence of sunlight.
A vitamin D deficiency indirectly effects the myelin sheaths which insulate
the central nervous system, since it is the vitamin which is essential for
the body's utilization of the mineral calcium. And calcium has an integral
and dual role in the
makeup of the body's central nervous system: as a component of enzymes
participating in myelin synthesis and as an actual part of the myelin sheath
itself. There is a small amount of calcium in all human myelin, and because
of the special biochemical properties of this mineral, it could provide the
fatty structures with needed mechanical rigidity and stability.
If you have MS, you should eat only fresh, raw, unprocessed foods that are
palatale to you, that agree with you and that contain all the essential
minerals and nutrients.
Saturated animal fats are toxic for MS patients. Unsaturated fats are
beneficial for the MS patient. The MS patient can consume freely, unsaturated
fats, without causing an increase in MS disability.
Linolenic acid and linoleic acid, are polyunsaturated fatty acids and are
particularly important to the brain. Linolenic acid and linoleic acid are
Essential Fatty Acids, EFA. The human body cannot manufacture linolenic acid
and linoleic acid. We must get linolenic acid and linoleic acid from food.
Linolenic acid and linoleic acid are present in every fresh, raw, unprocessed
food. Particularly high amounts of linolenic acid and linoleic acid, are
found in fish, soybeans, green, leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds and vegetable
oils. MS patients show below normal amounts of linolenic acid and linoleic
acid, in their brains. Conversely, in certain geographic areas where there
are large amounts of linolenic acid and linoleic acid in the diet, MS is
rare. In Japan, for example, people consume great amounts of raw fish and MS
is almost nonexistent. The same is true in Africa and Southeast Asia, where
the diet is composed largely of berries, unprocessed greens and nuts.
Trace minerals, including calcium, magnesium, selenium, and zinc are helpful
for MS patients.
Vitamin B12 is helpful to MS patients.
All MS patients have poor muscular tone. Anaerobically (intensely) exercise
all your voluntary muscles, as frequently as you can. This will help heal
your MS.
Hippocrates, Greek physician and the father of medicine, 460-377 B.C., said,
"All parts of the body which have a function, if used in moderation and
exercised, become thereby healthy and well developed and age slowly, but if
unused and left idle, they become liable to disease, defective and age
quickly." Galen, Greek physician and writer, 130-200 A.D., wrote that he
successfully treated every disease known to mankind at that time, solely by
prescribing a specific exercise for each patient with a particular disease.
Exercise chronic disease (more than several days duration), but completely
rest and never exercise acute disease (less than several days duration). Do
exercises that are progressively stressful or resistant. When exercising,
muscles should be contracted to their fullest extent and joints should be
carried through their full range of motion. A short period of intense,
vigorous exercise is better than a long period of mild exercise. Do exercises
that are comfortable and safe, that we enjoy, that suit our lifestyles, at a
convenient facility or program, at a convenient time of day or night, as
frequently as possible, as regularly as possible and that we will follow
throughout our lives.
Below, herein, I have indicated some case histories of some of my MS
patients, who recovered their health.
 I have successfully helped heal themselves, completely and permanently, many
patients with MS. Many years after I cared for these former MS patients, they
still were free of any symptoms and signs of MS.
Helen G., age 35, New York, N, Y., U.S.A., in 1970, was confined in a wheel
chair for several years, in a hospital. After she came under my care, I
supervised her water fasting, I personally taught her "Feeling Meditation",
progressive resistance exercises to rebuild her muscle tone, how to eat
properly, how to think properly, how to airbathe and sunbathe properly, how
to be better sensorially aware of her muscles and body, how to touch herself,
to heal herself, etc., After I helped her heal herself, she resumed her
previously normal life, again. She was able to do vigorous exercises and run
many miles daily. She was able to resume working again. She is now successful
in pursuing her business career, is happily married, with several beautiful
children.
Laurent V., age 58, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A., in 1996 came under my care. In
1960, became paralyzed with MS and was constantly confined to bed. He could
not sit nor stand. He telephoned me. I helped heal him via telephone
consultations with him. I helped him heal his MS, completely and permanently.
Walter S., age 45, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A., in 1963, came under my care. He
had suffered from MS for 7 years. He was confined to a wheelchair because of
his inability to walk, without staggering. He had blurred vision in one eye
and was unable to read with that eye. His entire body felt numb and he had
tremors in his hands, feet and legs. after coming under my care, his walking
became normal and he could read with both eyes. He is able to run daily at
good speeds. He is now functioning again normally as an M.D. as he had done
previous to coming under my care.
John R., age 47, Portland, Oregon, U.S.A., in 1964, came under my care. He
had MS for 20 years. He was paralyzed and had to remain constantly in bed.
After coming under my care, he was able to run and function normally. He was
again able to resume a normal life as a Catholic Priest.
Sylvia K., age 36, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A., in 1975, came under my
care. She had MS for 10 years. She had become sick and giddy, with a ringing
in her ears, and was unable to see through her left eye. She took steroids,
with no improvement. Her body began to swell. She was unable to walk. She had
difficulty breathing. She was extremely fatigued. She tried a gluten free
diet. She took B vitamins and sunflower oil. She received treatments from a
Homeopath and an Acupuncturist. She received no relief of her symptoms. Her
symptoms got worse. She lost weight. She could not walk. She came under my
care. She now feels extremely fit. She has regained her weight and
self-confidence. Her coordination and nervous responses are now, normal. She
is now the owner of a successful business.
Anna G., 46, St. Paul, Minnesota, U.S.A. in 1973, came under my care. He had
MS for 20 years. She had awakened and the entire left side of her body was
paralyzed. All her muscles were paralyzed-the chest, the vocal cords, the
tongue, everything down to her feet and toes. She had difficulty hearing,
seeing, speaking, and her left arm had no sense at all. She could not walk
without falling. She lost all her muscle tone. After she came under my care,
she completely recovered health. She is a famous U.S. motion picture actress.
She is now performing in films, perfectly.
Robert S., 43, St.Louis, Missouri, U.S.A., in 1959, came under my care. He
had MS for 14 years. He had leg pain. His right foot began to drag and he
limped. His eyesight deteriorated. He could not drive nor read. He was
effectively blind. He lacked control of his body. He was extremely fatigued.
He would take a few steps and then fall down. He was unable to write his
name. He came under my care. He is now normal. He is now a successful
politician.
Betty M., 50, Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A., in 1982, came under my care. She had
MS for 15 years. She had lost the use of her arms and legs and she was
legally blind. She spoke so softly, that she used an amplifier and even a
computer-simulated voice, to express herself. After being under my care, she
regained the normal use of her arms, legs, eyesight and voice. She resumed
her professional work as an attorney at law.
Allen T., 41, Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A., in 1986, came under my care. He had MS
for 10 years. He first felt peculiar prickling sensations in his left foot
and leg (pins and needles). Three months later, he complained of a weakness
in his knees and blurring vision of his right eye.  Soon his balance became
poor and he had a tendency to stagger when walking. He felt dizzy upon
closing his eyes. In his sixth month, he noticed a continual and severe
itching of his face. Because of his worsening unsteadiness, it became
apparent that he must give up his work as a Chiropractor. In his ninth month,
he began to have lapses of memory for recent as well as remote experiences.
Finally, he experienced speech difficulties; his fingers of his left hand
became numb, and his ordinary motions required for buttoning, tying shoes,
etc., became chores that were impossible. His vision became worse, but even
with glasses, he was unable to correct his blurring. He was soon a complete
invalid. After he came under my care, he was able to return to normal health
and he became a successful Chiropractor.
Laura D., 53, London, England, in 1998, came under my care. In 1988, she had
MS. She had vision dysfunction, tingling in her arms, hands, legs, and feet.
she took medication After coming under my care, all of her symptoms
disappeared. She now functions satisfactorily as a happy housewife and
mother.
Miguel A., 34, Buenos Aires, Argentina, in 1999, came under my care. In 1996,
he had MS. An MRI showed three brain lesions (MS plaques). He was diagnosed
with MS. He experienced chronic progression of MS symptoms. He had vision
loss, loss of bladder control, constipation, loss of balance and sensory
deficits in his extremities. Three years later, he was declared legally
blind. A follow-up MRI showed ten lesions, one active. He wore sunglasses at
all times, even indoors, due to light sensitivity. Sensitivity was reduced in
his hands and feet. Heat aggravated his symptoms. He fell frequently on
hiking trails. He had difficulty with bladder control. He urinated seven
times per night. He was constipated. He generally, went five days without a
bowel movement. After coming under my care, he became normally healthy again.
He resumed his work as a policeman.
James B., 60, Hawaii, U.S.A., in 1989, came under my care. In 1965, he had
MS. He had a loss of pain and temperature in both hands. He had a loss of
position sense. He had double vision, a sensation of a band around his chest
and slurred speech. After coming under my care, he returned to his regular
work and is now the owner of a successful business.
After the personalized health care, I gave these MS patients, such as water
fasting, eating exclusively fresh, unprocessed, raw foods, with all the
essential minerals and nutrients, practicing feeling meditation, progressive
resistance exercise and regular  airbathing and sunbathing, as nude as
possible, they were healed of their MS, completely and permanently. Being in
contact with them for many years thereafter, they remained completely free of
their former MS.
Dr. Bernarr