RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:21:25 -0700
Tom:
>If you spoke the truth, you
>would not need the hostility, plagiarism, and mental toxicity (my opinion)
>so obvious in your "style".

Sheila:
I have really appreciated the dialogue between you/Ward and NFL. It brings
up many issues for me and I have been lurking more recently. My path on
living foods has helped my heal mentally, I believe, along with other
factors like meditation etc. The reason I enjoy this group is because of
the open attitude and looking at past eating behaviors as well as our
current ones and be willing to recognize what is working and working over a
period of time.
I was an excessive fruit eater and my teeth are paying for it. I also had
it mixed with eating disorders. The eating disorder behaviors are behind me
however I am still working on balance. The acceptance of eating raw animal
flesh, fat, and insects has expanded my concepts of "raw" and has undone my
"fear" of meat or eating meat. That is positive in my mind because "fear"
is part of the emotional "illness" of eating disorders. I personally feel
that if I included some raw meat or fat in my diet, I would feel more
balanced and I would include building materials so necessary now after
years of cleansing with fruit. Some vegans might say, well, eat nuts and
seeds. I don't instinctively desire them and I have eaten plenty and will
continue to. Anyway, I would have to experiment to prove or disprove my
point or to see how it feels.

NFL:
>>If you can prove to us that sub-artic temperatures are ideal for humans,

Sheila:
I don't know if there's ever an ideal. Living in cities, in the artic, in
the tropics, in the country. We have what we have in front of us.
Populations flows are moving into the sun-belt. Does that prove anything.
Then populations flows move into mountainous and northern areas to escape
the "warming" effect. I feel it the mix of choices I make daily in the grey
world that leads to health or balance.

Tom:
>As for the steamed veggies, do you believe that eating them makes one
>"inferior" in any way, to someone who is 100% raw vegan?

Sheila:
My healing has had to come from a transcendent place usually in my
attitude, transitioning slowly from hostility, irritability, righteousness
to kindness, compassion, and love. I think one of the reasons I was a
little more humble in my raw/veganism is that I had such serious eating
disorders. I thought, until I see myself through that, it's hard to know
what diet's best for me, and I'm certainly not in any postion to tell
anyone how they should do it.
Although my preference is living foods, my major goal is moderation and
balance, and I let the diet follow behind that. This group has certainly
been an incentive to eat more raw and I do except when I backpack.

Kind Regards,
Sheila Shea
http://www.sheilas.com
http://listserv.azstarnet.com/cgi-bin/lwgate/INTEST_HEALTH/