RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frank Wuts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:19:34 -0700
Ben Odom wrote:

> Through time I began to understand that this person was no different than
> the doctors that she claimed to surpass in understanding and conscience.
> For example, she began to constantly urge me to take her supplements (which
> of course, she pushed through a multilevel marketing co.).  When I refused
> her supplements, she would get the same attitude of "well you don't know
> what the hell you're talking about, you won't get better unless you listen
> to what I say" that she had previously dissed on doctors for.
>
> Over time, I began to get frustrated with her attitude.  She would not
> simply treat me with the massage/accupressure that I requested.  She would
> push "free samples" of her supplements into my hands.  She also began to
> disregard my personal opinions of health, telling me that I "absolutely"
> needed to get a colonic, or take her spirulina, or this or that.  By doing a
> little simple math on the prices of her products, I have figured out that
> she makes more money pushing her supplements than she does working on
> patients.  She has even suggested to me several times that she will quit her
> practice to sell her supplements full-time, since it is much more
> profitable.  I have finally quit seeing this practitioner.

I would like to say a few things about supplements. I think the problem
is that we really don't know what is good for long term health. I am a
healthy person and take supplements as prevention. Three members of my
family died of cancer over a two year period. They were all healthy till
they got sick. :) There is a lot of research out these days saying this
or that is good for you. For example antioxidants, anti-homocysteine
products. For one, I am very confused about what a healthy person should
do maintain his health. I do all the obvious things we all talk about.
But because I don't raise my own animals or grow my own vegetables, I
don't know how good I really am eating. Organic food raised on selenium
deficient soil will still be selenium deficient. (I know some people do
not believe this. I have a book on biological transmutation.) So I take
selenium supplements. I wish there was a verified way to test for health
and lack of deficiencies. In the mean time I make expensive urine. I
regularly get hair mineral analysis and blood tests, but still I am just
guessing. So I forgive caring practitioners who push supplements because
they really think they could help. I do have a problem with
practitioners who sell their own brands.

Frank.