RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:55:32 +0100
Stefan:

> After several years of 100% raw food I made a test this year. Some-
> body offered me chocolate. I got 4 pieces (25 grams) and a milk choco-
> late bar (app. 30 grams), together 55 grams of chocolate - not much.

A few months ago, I decided to try a little chocolate too (125
grams). The one I chose was 76% cocoa or cocoa butter, without milk (I
suppose the remaining 24% were sugar?). It tasted pretty good, but a
few hours later, I felt a little more nervous than usual. I've tried
it a few more times, with the same effects, and I conclude that
chocolate certainly doesn't make you crazy (even if it has nuts in
it!), but has undesirable effects on the nervous system. Anyway, my
attraction for it has decreased considerably.

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>