RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frank Wuts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:14:18 -0700
Janis Callen Bell wrote:

> I'm undecided between buying a Green Power and a Vitamix.  I like the
>  vitamix philosophy of whole foods, but I wonder if anyone has data on
>  the temperature of the grinding/blending.   I am concerned that the
>  Vitamix heats the food too much because the floor demonstration used
>  ice cubes (at one of our health fairs where many types of juicers and
>  other products were displayed.)  Still it intriques me because I
>  imagine that I could also use it to make raw food for my dogs -- e.g.
>  grinding up a whole chicken, bones and all.  Is this possible?

The heat generated depends on the amount of time you blend it. I use it
every day to make a blend of fresh and dried fruit and vegetables and
seeds. I run it for 30 seconds at which time it is not even warm. I also
use it for dog food. I have not tried bones, but raw liver or meat mixed
with vegetables works to get my dog to eat his veggies which he hates.

Im intrigued by Green Power but still feel the whole plant is better.
Also, nothing could be easier than the Vita Mix to clean. I just rinse
it and its done nor dis/assembly.

Frank.