RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:07:52 -0500
Dr Bernarr,

>I occasionally eat raw nut butters.

Then the person that stated to me that you ate a pound (a jar) of  nut
butter per day was incorrect.

>unprocessed vegan foods, also. Anaerobic exercise is the secret to gain all
>the healthy, muscular weight that you want to gain.
>To gain weight, do as little aerobic exercises as you can. Aerobic
exercises
>(with oxygen), do not put on muscle and therefore prevent you from gaining
>weight.

1. muscle is actually very difficult to add on, imo.
2. I have added some muscle, but very little.
3. I do not believe for a second that one can add on a pound of muscle per
week, as you have stated.

>A world famous isometric program is Charles Atlas "Dynamic Tension
>Course". In isometrics, each exercise should be practiced at several joint
>angles.
>Training at many angles distributes the strength gains throughout the range
>of the
>muscle's movement. In isometrics, each hard-as-you-can push or pull should
be
>held as long as possible, to the point of muscular failure. Isometric
>exercises can be done
>practically anywhere. They are simple and effective. Isometrics increase
the
>strength and improve the muscle's tone and shape.

my understanding is that Atlas did not build his physique from isometrics.
Isometrics is not very effective in my opinion.
He was selling something.

gary