RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 17:40:18 -0400
Kirt wrote:

>Go for it! If you've the gonads to ask about gonads, you might ask about
>marrow bones, brains, and sweet breads...;)

I went back and asked about gonads and kidneys. They didn't know what the
slaughter house did with them, as no one had asked before. But since they
are their steers, they should be entitled to them if they ask. They did say
that someone was asking about sweetbreads, but they don't normally sell
them these days. Since sweetbreads are the thymus of a young animal, just
what is the health issue with them? I would also expect that they aren't
slaughtering young animals.

She did say they don't usually sell brains due to the scare these days over
"mad cow disease". They do have tail for soups, and I'll have to ask next
week about marrow bones.

Don.