RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 20:18:43 -0500
Hi Irene,

Liza:
> Eating food is just the fuel to
> >allow us to do these other things, which are what life is really about.

Irene:
> That's **life**.  Keeping it going requires food, air, and water.
> **Living** requires the other stuff!

Oh - okay. Well, if you're making that distinction, I guess I agree with
you. I still don't think,though, that it's a good idea to spend to much
attention on thinking about food. Some attention is good (especially if
you've paid NO attention in the past - just mindlessly stuffed any junk
down the hatch while rushing here and there - that kind of way), but I
think lots of people are preoccupied with food because of all the
emphasis put on it from advertising, the diet industry, appearance
craziness (especially for us gals), strange claims by Prevention
magazine mailing circulars and the like about miraculous powers of
certain foods ("see page 56 for more") etc., all the food *addictions*
that are "foisted" upon us or that we discover on our own (ugh), etc etc
etc. and of course eating disorders of all kinds.

That's kind of why I harp on the not-paying-too-much-attention-to-food
thing.

But I hear what you're saying, too.

Love, Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)

ps on another note: Sir Robert Hutchinson: "Vegetarianism is harmless
enough, though it is apt to fill a man with wind and
self-righteousness." Hmmmm. Seems this problem has been around for a
while, huh?