RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:48:15 -0400
Hello Jon,

Jon:
> I was curious though, I had certain impressions of what I thought was
> far-fetched: i.e. "the stomach is an organ which was intended for use in
> emergencies only", "breatharianism" etc.
>
> But I was just curious, first which things you thought were "laughable"
> (just in case I may have missed one);

You got the main ones there, but I remember some minor ones, like
being able to take a "racing bike" and cover 600 miles quickly
on grasses alone, when escaping the apocolyspe of the US urban
areas to prepared communal lands. The whole cataclypse talk, put your money
in Canada banks as the US ones will fail (what is so special about
Canada). There are funny subtitles if I recall, like "How to get stoned
on water", where he claimed that it is unnatural to drink water and
we get all the water we need in fruits, and the title "How to become
God".

In Survival, Viktoras also seemed to be fence sitting on the fruitarian
issue, which I found notable. On the one hand, he stated that fruit is
the perfect diet on man, and that all of our nutritional needs can
be met by fruit alone. Then he appears to hedge somewhat, stating
that folks in many areas to not have access to a proper supply of
fruit, and would be hard pressed to be total fruitarians. He went
on to state that a diet high in citrus/acidic fruit destroys teeth
and bones, in contrast to the earlier statements on the perfection
of fruit. The fact the he has continued to stress the use of green
sprouts and grasses as being important in the diet further distances
him from a pure fruitarian stance, but yet, we still have those
perfection of fruit claims to ponder.

Jon:
> and second, were there any things in
> your conversation with V. that he seemed to have backed off of?

Well, I did not drill him or press this issue, so what I got from
him was somewhat general (don't know if his money is/was/still
invested in Canadian funds, for example (^: ). He stated that he
still did wheatgrass juice, grew and ate a lot of sprouts (greens
and sprouted grains), and of course now, he's pushing the blue/green
algae and enzymes. He still expounded the Ken Keyes philosophy of
having preferences rather than addictions, and stated that at
that point, he had overcome all of his addictions, and merely
acted on preferences. One thing that I recall that he did not advocate
anymore from the Survival era was the use of the fermented drinks,
like rejuvalic.

Thanks for your comments Jon,

Regards,

David