RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 21:16:27 +0200
Hi,

last Thursday and Friday I was on a long Instincto hike. I started Thursday morning at
6:25 with 500g Oranges and a lot of clothing in my large rucksack. I spent the whole day
outside and walked 12 hours. The next day I walked 8 hours and arrived in the evening in
the village where I was born. The weather was mostly very nice and it was beautiful and
edifying to be out there. I ate only the stuff that I found on the way. This was a great
experience. I found lots of delicious stuff out there: herbs, roots, mushrooms, berrys and
grasshoppers. And I noticed that there are no planned eating times out there and I always
found only small amounts of food here and there. And these wild foods are very intense. I
never could eat the amounts that I am used to from the usual fruits and vegetables. I even
think that a kind of magic works out there. For example during the end of the first day I
though a lot about fish. After arriving in my target town I was drawn to the river nearby
and met a single fisherman there who was hunting for the third day for a pike. I talked
with him and we waited together. And just before we wanted to leave he catched a big one!
On another occasion I was drawn to a resting place and looking around a corner I found
very pretty and some delicious mushrooms, there.

-Karl

PS: I didn't get a single blister on my feet and no muscle aching to speak of.