RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:13:52 EDT
Roberta,

<< Apparently, in  relative terms, this nutritional science has not been thoroughly
>>searched, as, say most vitamins or minerals have been. >>

Thank you for that information, TCM contains a wealth of information and
experience, and I agree with your last statement.

I wonder if wild animals naturally have EPA as well, since humans have a
limited ability to produce it.  It is my understanding that while domestic
meat is deficient in essential fatty acids, wild meat has a decent amount
relatively.

Does anyone know why exactly primates go through all the trouble to consume
insects when they eat SO MUCH plant-food.

I mean, more than obvious speculation, has anyone done research?

I see it as a food chain, and if a creature that has always eaten animal or
fish foods suddenly stops eating those foods and eats only those foods from
the bottom of the chain, in one kingdom, washed to remove bacteria even, I
would imagine that deficiencies would develop.  This is why I am grateful for
my instincts, because without them, my intellect would probably due me in ;)

e.g. insects eat x, chimps eat insects, chimps eat plants

if chimps eat only plants, chimps lose x and insects

what gets removed when you take insects out of their diet?

wild animals and fish and insects eat x, y, z and humans eat the former three,
as well as plants

what happens when humans suddenly cut out 1, 2, and 3 from their diet and only
eat plants?

it upsets the food chain and humans lose nutrition from wild animals, fish,
and insects, as well as x, y, and z.

people can live for a long long time with deficiencies...

deficiencies seem to have developed with the advent of agriculture...

not meat eating...

how does one measure true, optimal health, except, perhaps by their own
experience?

or careful study of their body's tissues and energetic flows...

people often lose perspective as well...

the last time i remember feeling as good as i do now, I was probably two years
old.  and yet, several years ago, i had forgotten what this felt like...

i keep working to make it better...

i need more sustained exercise in the rest of my body, besides my fingers...
;)

good night all,

aaron