RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:17:17 -0700
Sheila Shea wrote:
> If you are using cassia it is a potent laxative and I have developed
> cardiac insufficiency from using the plant (many years and too much). The
> fruit is the same based on descriptions of earlier posts. It certainly
> cleaned me out for many years. I think digestion is better when there is
> less in the digestive tract ie better elimination or the use of cassia to
> clear the tract.
> Feedback welcome.

I'm glad to be warned about the possible abuse of cassia. I began eating
intstinctively in Jan 95 and it is recomended for the first year. I
started using it in Jan 97, so it's soon time for me to think about
stoping it, unless I am detoxing. I introduced some new foods this year
that triggered some detoxes, so I think it's been useful, but it's time
to look at whether is is still needed. I'm not getting stops, but I
suspect if I'm overeating, not getting stops could fool me into using it
when I should be eating less.

My best, Ellie