RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 13:06:31 +0000
Hi all,

here's a recipe for coconut icecream. All used foods should be best
quality.

Buy a ripe coconut, i.e. one with thick white flesh. Additionally buy
app. one litre (two pints) of coconut juice or buy young coconuts and
extract the juice.

Extract the flesh from the ripe coconut and put it into the food pro-
cessor. The amount of flesh is something you can vary, depending on how
intense the taste of the ice should be. Try 0.5 lb for two pints of
coconut juice.
Add the juice to the processed flesh. Now put the mixture into an ice
machine (must be able to stir while freezing).
For instinctos: eat your icecream while frozen. Do not let it thaw again
because it would be subject to denaturation by thawing.

I did this recipe today and enjoyed it a lot (we have 90F since one
week). This is   n o t   a socalled "bad combination" of sugar and pro-
teins, because it occurs in nature too.

Instinctive icy wishes,

Stefan
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]