RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
FrmYurSoul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 03:13:07 EST
<< GO TO www.greenpower.com  They post a new recipes and have a few on file.
  They make a top notch juicer to boot.       Vince >>

Hi!  I'm Lee from Boston, new to this list and trying to go (mostly) raw by
the New Year.  I checked out the website mentioned by Vince and liked many
features of the Green Power juicer, including the fact that it seemed to
preserve more enzymes, nutrients, and vitality than other juicers.  I am
looking to puchase a juicer by the New Year had a couple of questions for
Vince or anyone else that has this juicer.  The Green Power juicer claims to
use magnets to impart more positive ions, thus a more positive charge, to the
juices it produces.  Is this healthy?  I mean, with negative ion generators
for sale, and the fact that free radicals are positive ions, I would think our
body would prefer to gain negative ions more than positive ions.  Because of
the positive ions, the juice produced by GP is said to resist oxidation and
last up to 2 days.  Pasteurization also preserves juice but that doesn't make
it a good thing.

Anyway, right now my other choice for a juicer is to buy a used Champion
juicer.  But will a Champion juice wheatgrass?  Is there a juicer out there
that can handle carrots, greens and wheatgrass without spending big bucks?
I'm really looking forward to being able to juice, I guess I'm just a little
overwhelmed right now by all my choices and everything I need to consider.
Thanks  :-)      Lee