RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 10:36:07 GMT
>>--Jean-Louis Tu
>>What is, or are, the effects of chlorophyll on human health?

Lynton:
The chlorophyll molecule is almost identical to the Heme- part of blood,
except for one atom which is Magnesium in C~ and Iron in blood, so it is
considered by some that ingestion of Chlorophyll makes it easy for the
body to make new Heme- molecules, thus enhancing the Oxygen-carrying
capabilities of the blood.
It is a potent cleanser, both inside and outside the body. It was once
used for sterilising hospitals for example. It can be injected into the
bloodstream, and it is absorbed readily through the skin. Can be used to
irrigate the eyes.
Ann Wigmore used it as part of a cancer treatment, and according to her
writings had much success with cancer as well as numerous other ailments.

Once when she broke her legs in a serious accident and developed
gangrene they wanted to amputate, but she refused and her uncle carried
her onto the lawn each day where she would chew on the grass. I forget
whether the wounds were treated with it or not, but the gangrene
disappeared and the bones rejoined.

My take on it is that it is a blood cleanser and improves the ability of
the blood to carry oxygen.
Since it is being taken in the form of fresh grass juice (usually cereal
grass) it thus contributes directly to nutrition: she claims the juice
is 35 times more nutritious than other vegetables (that's what I
remember - its a figure that's hard to believe though).
The juice is supposed to have an excellent balance of amino acids, trace
minerals and if I remember essential fatty acids - the perfect food, it
seems. If I had to choose only one food I would choose the juice of
young barley leaves - though I think I would still need something for
roughage, and the leaf fibre just doesn't cut it.

What I have written does not do it justice, but I hope it gives you an
idea of its benefits.

Lynton