RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:54:10 +0100
Hi all,

after nine months in cologne I've got a little time to write a post
again. I'm on vacation now and will continue the work in cologne for
one or two months.

After several years of 100% raw food I made a test this year. Some-
body offered me chocolate. I got 4 pieces (25 grams) and a milk choco-
late bar (app. 30 grams), together 55 grams of chocolate - not much.

I had a funny little problem with eating it: it stopped me after
two pieces by a burning sensation in my throat. So I had to cheat and
try again later to eat it all. I needed several attempts because the
stop came every time I tried it. BTW: The chocolate smelled and tasted
good, otherwise I wouldn't have tried it.

I didn't notice a direct problem with my health but there was one full
week following my chocolate day in which I awoke in the middle of the
night, not knowing where I was and what I did (lying in bed). It took
me one or two minutes to become mentally clear. This phenomen occured
at only one other occasion: when I had eaten two eggs from "normal"
chickens (fed with grains, especially wheat).
I can remember no other nights since my start with raw food where I
faced this problem.
Therefore I conclude that the chocolate was the cause.

Is it possible, that the milk which was a ingredience in the chocolate
bar came from cows fed with wheat, so again a gluten problem? A natural
doctor I asked told me that there are much more substances in chocolate
which could cause crazyness.

Anyway I decided that the good taste of chocolate isn't worth this sort
of consequences and will stay away from it.

Best raw wishes,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]