RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 07:17:37 -0800
Tom:
>>This latest set of posts by Ward, also provides information that confirms
>>just how narrow and dishonest, the views of the dietary extremists are.

Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
>Misinformed yes, but not all diet extremists are narrow-minded and
>dishonest. It will be interesting to see how those on the list with
>creationist leanings will react to Ward's latest and very convincing
>defense of evolution.

Tom:
I agree. On reading your comment, I realized that some list members might
interpret my remarks as an attack on creationists.  That was not my intent -
I am spiritual, believe in God, yet have no problem with evolution as
an explanation of the physical creation process. I also greatly respect those
who believe in creationism as a sincere part of their spiritual beliefs.
My remark  about dishonesty and narrow-mindedness was really directed at David
Wolfe/NFL - one must question if their promotion of creationism is sincere,
or yet more intellectual dishonesty on their part.

I also agree that not all dietary extremists are narrow-minded/dishonest.
However, some dietary extremists are under the influence of narrow-minded,
intellectually dishonest zealots like NFL/Wolfe. It is good to remember
that such people can (and eventually will) open up to the truth, once
the extremist diet fails for them - as it eventually does for nearly
all who try it. (As the tantric adept Vimalananda said, "it's always good
to live with reality, for otherwise reality will come and live with you".
Extremists would be wise to heed that saying - deny reality in favor of
an extreme diet, and reality will eventually come to visit you - usually
in the form of serious health problems. Take this as advice from one who
has "been there, done that, no thanks" - me!)

Thanks for your comments!

Regards,
Tom Billings