RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
fred patenaude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:13:26 PST
>it's good that you have tried, it proved you are open to
>experimentation, which seems a rare quality (most people who criticize raw fish or meat have
>never tried). Now, may I suggest that a single experience is never
>conclusive? You didn't say what fish you tried and in which state.

I tried tuna and yellow tail in a sushi bar with friends. There's also
an "aged" fish there at my friends house, I tried a little bit but
didn't like it. I just don't feel attracted to it at all since that
experience.

>Some days, fish tastes delicious for me (at least as good as a fully
>ripe mango), and sometimes it's impossible to swallow. Sometimes, as apple
>tastes delicious, and sometimes it's completely tasteless. But I wouldn't
>conclude from a single and negative experience with apples that fruit is not fit for
>human consumption!

I can ALWAYS eat a mango, no matter how hungry I am. It would never
taste disgusting. I experience a lot of tastes changes, like instincto
mention. The most common is sweet fruits that become "too sweet" and
fatty foods(like avos), that just don't "feel" appealing.
I don't want to eat raw meat again, but at least I've been open to the
experience.
FRED