RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:57:42 -0400
Mark Hovila wrote:

> I submit the following verses, written by "Anonymous":
>
> "If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true
> enemies; succeed anyway. What you spend years building, they may
> destroy overnight; build anyway.  If you find serenity and happiness,
> they may be jealous and scorn; be joyous anyway. The good you do today,
> they often will forget tomorrow; do good anyway. Give the world the best
> you have, and it will never be enough; give the world the best you have
> anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it
> was never between you and them, anyway."

the above quote sounds an awful lot like words I've seen attributed to
Mother Teresa:

"People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Love them
anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Do
good anyway. If you are successful you will win false friends and true
enemies; Succeed anyway. The good you do will be forgotten tomorrow;
Do
good anyway.  What you spent years building may be destroyed
overnight;
Build anyway."

     --Mother Teresa