RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 10:38:59 -0800
SF-LiFE, the San Francisco Living Foods Enthusiasts, is currently considering
developing a community outreach program for people suffering from Gulf
War Syndrome or Agent Orange. The announcement below will be mailed as
an insert with the next newsletter:

SEEKING VOLUNTEERS:

SF-LiFE is seeking volunteers to work on a number of tasks, as follows.

* Develop a 2nd volume of our popular recipe book. Our first raw recipe
book was a real success (and we hope to reprint it soon as it is sold out),
and we would like to do a second recipe book. The recipes are collected;
what is needed is someone to edit them (put in a consistent format),
and type them into a computer so they can be printed.

* Develop a community outreach to promote raw/living foods to people with
Gulf War Syndrome (and perhaps Agent Orange problems as well). This is
an educational program to encourage people suffering from these problems
to try raw/living foods diets. These folks are not well served by
conventional medical procedures. Please note here that we want to avoid
promising cures or describing the diet as "treatment" - we don't want to
practice medicine, or to "sell" raw foods diets as, in effect, unapproved
drugs. We want non-zealous volunteers here, not extremists who will make
false/unrealistic promises.

We are looking for volunteers willing to actively participate in, and
direct, the above activities. Call the Sproutline if interested:
415-751-2806. Thanks!

Anyway, I am posting this to the lists, in case any here are interested,
or if you know any researchers who might be open to trying raw foods
diets as part of experimental therapies to combat these health problems.
Please let me know if interested or if you have information/suggestions.
I will pass the information/contacts on to the people who plan to work
on this project. (My involvement will be minimal - busty with other
activities).

Tom Billings