RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ryan Cormney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 15:06:19 -0500
Hello Tom,
To tell you the truth I had an MD who practices mainly alternative therapies
do a work up on me through applied kinesiology.  I consider him to be quite
an expert in this method of testing, however many people have their
reservations about this technique He uses it for diagnosis of physical and
emotional imbalances and also determining proper treatments for all kinds of
chronic degenerative conditions(not solely as a tool to promote the use of
nutritional products or supplementation).  He is also very much in favor of
a raw foods approach to healing and it is integral to his patients successes
of overcoming poor health.
        At the time of the work up he noticed a cut on my leg that was not
healing properly and also a scar that was dark pink and had also taken some
time to form.  He believed this was poor healing during an amino acid
deficiency which corresponded to my raw vegan days.  Needless to say he
suggested incorporating a few animal products into my diet, b/c I was not
obtaining sufficient levels of A.A.'s from nuts, seeds, and vegetables(I eat
very little sprouts except alfalfa b/c I don't like the taste of most them).
        This all made since to me considering I have spent the first 21years
of my life with animal products in my diet, either leading to an enzyme
adaption to handle animal proteins or a lack of enzyme development for
obtaining all aminos from plant sources in sufficient levels.

This was aside from the fact that I was around 130lbs and am 6'4''.  I would
prefer to remain on a plant based diet(which still predominates), but I also
would like to maintain a weight of about 150lbs(how much I weigh now).  This
is still quite thin, however this is dictated by my genetics, regardless of
my caloric intake.

So officially, I did not get blood work done to confirm the aa deficiency,
but my body responded favorablily to the inclussion of animal products and
that's really all the proof I needed.

Sincerely,
Ryan Cormney

Ryan Cormney <[log in to unmask]>:
>>-I'm no longer a vegan raw foodist, actually been eating a little of
>>everything trying to find what works for my body, I lost way to much
>>ight and actually did have an amino acid deficiency, tis true, I guess I
>>uldn't get everything from a plant source or I didn't have the right sources.

Tom: