RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gerry Coffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:33:04 EDT
In a message dated 3/31/99 6:17:02 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>> >gc:
>> >--Sounds like you are consuming too much concentrated protein
>> >and/or dried fruits and your body is dehydrated. That's what causes dry skin.
>>
>> Lynton:
>> 1 What could a raw vegan eat that would be "concentrated protein"?

--Just off the top of my head: Sprouts, seeds, nuts, dried fruits.

>> 2 Wouldn't it be a lack of intake of water that results in
>> dehydration?

--It is not necessary to drink a lot of water when one consumes fresh
vegetable juices and high water content foods: ie., fresh fruits (minus
bananas, which are dense) and leafy, green vegetables.

>> Eating dried fruits may have disadvntages, but not dehydration if
>> balanced with sufficient water IMO. eg 2 and more litres per day.

--The dried fruits do contain a lot of concentrated sugar, and protein
and are difficult for the body to digest, metabolize and assimilate. I
observed more than once how consuming packaged, pitted dates drove a
teenage boy wild as it played havoc with his hormones. I later told him
he was going through PMS. We both had a good laugh, but I learned it was
a fairly accurate description of what happens when kids (of ANY age:
meaning adults, too.) feed their bodies inappropriately.

FWIW:;-)

gc