RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 1997 19:11:10 -0700
Sheila Shea wrote:

> Forgot to mention, a client gave me a paper by an MD on autism and the new
> theory is that it is no longer classified as a 'mental' illness but a
> disease! The dr's wife had an autoimmune disease at the same time he
> accepted an autistic child as patient. He did repeated urine sample of his
> wife and because of the findings did the same with the autistic child.
> Found similarities. It's considered an immune-mediated disease. He feels
> diet is not the contributing cause (I believe it is partly) however I think
> you have the missing link. If you are interested in the study, I will dig
> it out of my archives.

It's nice to hear that doctors are recognizing that most diseases are the
same detox process. I'd be very interested in the reference to the paper.
Certainly mental disorders are diseases as physical as any other and the
supposedly different mental disorders are the same process of detox
that vary in symptomology only because of the location of toxicosis. This
includes most of the nervous disorders not always thought of as mental
disease, such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Herbert Shelton was one who
repressed his emotions as a child and developed Parkinson's because
toxicosis was probably concentrated in the region of the substantia
nigra. Of course I can't prove this with him, but I've devised a really
neat urine test that could be used on recovering people and I hope
someday to offer it to therapists in prisons who are helping abusive
people to rehabilitate. It's pretty exciting to think it could help end
violence. I've lost count of the number of different psychiatric
diagnoses that I was labelled with. If I had seen a shrink as a child I
would have been 'autistic.'I'm starting a book about this. I was
developing Alzheimer's shortly before I got into the right kind of
therapy. I agree with you about diet. The hypothalamus is not protected
by the blood brain barrier and can easily  become toxic with food
substances and cause symtpoms of emotional disease. Studies on abused
Rumanian orphans show inactivity in the temporal lobe which is involved
with language(these babies had to suppress their cries which were their
language) and smell and this would affect the ability of these children
who aren't in touch with their feelings to determine by smell what they
need to eat instinctively. Supressing our instinctive feelings can affect
smell and taste. This is why I've wanted to post this Toxic Mind theory
here on Raw-Food.

My best, Ellie