RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:26:32 -0400
Hi Paul,

> Are you saying I'm a vegan? Definitely not!

Oh, no, I didn't know one way or the other. You just sounded like
you were. :)

> I am saying that on short-term, a diet of just raw plant-based foods
> can clean out when other very healthy diets cannot.

Why raw plants? Why not raw animals?

> It would be reasonable to think a dependence could develop with Cassia
> as with Ex-Lax with continued use. But if intermittent use dislodges
> some old toxins that might otherwise remain for a lifetime, that can
> be a very good thing.

Yes, it could.  But that raises another question, which is the one
regarding the contention that hardened mucous and ancient undigested
toxic stuff stick to the walls of the intestines, and must be
dislodged through special efforts. I have read all the books (in
fact I have them in my lending library), as well as the convincing
and realistic-looking pictures of gruesomely fascinating, blackest
black, 50-pound sculptured lumpy snakes of ancient intestinal
encrustations; and I've heard many discussions of this phenomenon.
My problem is that every colon hydrotherapist that I have ever
talked to (and I know an awful lot of these personally, across the
U.S.) tells me that he or she (they're almost all female it seems)
has never PERSONALLY seen anyone eliminate this kind of thing
(although they all seem to have all those same pictures and books
and charts, too). Adding to my confusion is that what I learned in
college anatomy & physiology is that the colon sheds and eliminates
it's lining every day, which would preclude it from accumulating the
kind of black stuff that adherents of this theory speak about.

I happen to be a clean freak (kind of like Howard Hughes. or the
Church Lady), so I'd just love it if I could do a cleanse thing on
myself and get all those nasty dirty things out. And I'd be the
first to start espousing this widely as a new cult. But so far I
can't seem to be able to find any trustworthy evidence to support
this theory. Sell me on it, please! :D What has convinced you?

> I don't follow. What is it that I don't want to see expressed?

It seemed that both you and Mark readily agreed that 100% raw vegan
diets are not, in fact, good for everyone. And yet you both took
issue with my expressing this. Why is that?

> I used to browse on a veggie forum when I was
> interested in the issue, on Compuserve, and was looking for people
> who said they were feeling noticeably better health-wise on the
> veggie diet as opposed to non-veggie. I seldom found them, UNLESS the
> form of veggie diet was mostly or all-raw. But I also always found
> people reporting improvements on low-carb and candida diets. Funny
that people rarely consider the two together - low carb and mostly
raw.

Well, you've unintentionally made my point for me. Could it be which
foods these diets EXCLUDE, rather than the fact that the food is
raw?

Love Liza
--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)