RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:31:16 -0500
Roberta:

> Then do you have social issues arising due to your unconventional eating
> habits?  Do you eat all raw or mainly raw?  Refresh my memory, do you
> eat much RAF?

During the first few months (100%) raw, I wasted a lot of energy trying to
explain my point of view about diet, without any success -I think people
won't understand until they experiment by themselves (which implies having
an initial motivation for improving their diet and learning about raw
eating). I was feeling like enlightened in a world of uncomprehension.

Since then, I've relaxed a little bit, i.e. I don't consider that I should
spread the Truth to save the world of its miseries.

I have been on average about 95% raw for 1.25 years (I cook lightly a few
vegetables like broccoli or spinach, and have isolated cooked meals), 1/3
RAF by calories. When I was in France, my parents quickly accepted that,
when I visited them, each of us had his own food (although they became
convinced that my diet works only when I showed consistent good health
for several months). The other members of my family don't even know I eat
raw, and some of my friends think I am a vegetarian, because I don't want
to eat RAF in front of other people. So, when I eat at workplace, my lunch
is RAF-free.

I have occasional cooked meals (and beers) with friends, but I select my
food whenever possible. Last month, I went to a Birthday party: I was
pretty sure I would have to eat cooked, perhaps including a birthday cake;
but it turned out that there was some raw cucumber, broccoli, celery
sticks and red bell pepper on the table!!

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis