RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 97 14:34:04 PST
Roy:
> >I think
> >cassia is awesome!

Kirt:
> It really is, isn't it? People have _no_idea_ of its power to help one
> attain an all-raw diet, to get over the hump. I always considered
>that using cassia kept raw foods tasting better and better. I looked at it
>as  the cassia detox was making way for all the new repair work, and
>the raw  stuff tasted better and better because it was so useful in rebuilding
>and repair. I would even generalize that a day "cassia fasting" (eating
>only cassia and water in between as desired) is equivilent to a week on
>water alone. Further, I have been frustrated on water fasts, and had
>some cassia, BMed, and continued fasting with more ease. It seems to be what
>people are  after with the herbal purges, enemas, colonics, etc

Martha:
Kirt, you should be getting a cassia commission, if you're not already!
 You're certainly whetting my interest, especially with regards to
fasting.

> Some other cassia tidbits: The tree is absolutely beautiful, stunning
>in its multitude of yellow flowers and round black pods hanging
>among the "golden shower" of the blossoms

I wonder how they would do in San Diego?  Does Greentree (?)
Nursery sell them (that big place off the road between Penasquitos &
Del Mar (is it Carmel Valley Rd?))
But I suppose, if they're a tropical tree, they would probably need too
much water to be susainable there....   :-(

Cheers,
Martha