RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 13:52:21 -0700 (MST)
Tom:
>So this leads me to the opinion that fruit appears to be easy to digest,
>because it passes through the system quickly with few immediate side-effects
>(other than promoting sugar addiction), but it is hard to digest in the sense
>that it is: 1) heavy, 2) high water and decreases digestive fire, and 3) the
>body assimilates very little calories or nourishment from it.  That is, juicy
>fruits appear to be easy to digest, but in reality are hard to digest and
>assimilate.

Hi Tom, It's my understanding that fruits are simple sugars and are the
easiest food to digest along with vegetable, raw honey, and homemade
yogurt. I base this info on Elaine Gottschall's analysis in her book
Breaking the Vicious Cycle, Intestinal Health through diet. I have never
met a fruitarian, and find that when I do too much high acid/sugar fruit my
tooth enamel begins to dissolve and I find that unhealthy and unbalanced. I
find I have to balance with veges, mainly greens and nuts and seeds, and
sprouts.
Bye,
Sheila Shea