RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 00:01:32 -0700
Barbara Sheppard wrote:

> Stefan (and others),
>
> >Well this answer is symptomatic for the state of this list. No
> >real discussions any longer. [...]
> >It seems that all is said (and hopefully done) about raw foods.
> >Also I am missing the enthusiasm that I found when I subscribed
> >(I still have it).
>
> Much of the raw discussion seems to have migrated to the Paleofood
> list, and I think this is entirely appropriate. Enthusiasm and
> discussion are alive and well in that forum. For archives and
> subscription information, go to
> http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/paleofood.html

I am the listowner of both the raw-food and the paleofood lists. I
have to confess that I have been spending most of my time with
paleofood. It has been very active and there is a lot of good
information found there. I would recommend checking it out. Raw-food
is a general raw food list. Both vegetarian and animal raw food can be
discussed here. Paleofood is a hunter/gather list with very little
vegetarian discussion. There are many ex-vegetarians who found that
their diet failed them. Also many of the subscribers eat their animal
food cooked and some of them feel are not comfortable with discussions
of eating raw animal foods. They think that all of the germs, bacteria
and parasites out there that are going to do them harm. So be easy on
them. I would also hope that there is still something to be discussed
here. Am I the only 100% raw person on this list? My diet has changed
over the last thirteen years but with the exception of a two year
cooked vegan period in the early 90's I have been almost 100 % raw. I
started out as a raw food vegan and started including RAF in 1996.