RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elnora Van Winkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:18:44 -0700
Liza May wrote:

 So what you're saying here is that
> what you are referring to as "stimulation" can also be called efforts of the
> body to detoxify or eliminate, and includes nerve cell activity as well as
> endocrine activity and everything else that is involved in the process of
> elimination?

I would say the sympathetic nervous system is always tring to facilitate
detoxification and elimination, only I wouldn't call it stimulation
really. Vital stimuli are needed things like food, touch, water, etc.
but too many vital stimuli are stimulants, and all stimulants are toxic,
add to toxicosis in cells and can tigger detox crises. They may get
stored up for a while, but eventually the body starts to detox anything
it can't use.

Liza,
> That is an interesting definition. In other words, you see "stimulation" on a
> continuum, where something like violent food poisoning might be at one end of
> the spectrum, and something like an extra two bites of an apple at the other
> end, with caffeine or Kool-Aid or cayenne pepper somewhere in the middle.

I would say you are on the mark about a continuum. A few extra bites of
apple might not trigger a detox, but a strong stimulant like some
poisons sure would. You might like Shelton's writings on the nature of
stimulants. In his book Human Life, Its Philosophy and Laws which I got
from Natural Hygiene people in Florida, he has a great chapter called
The Stimulant Delusion. I find from my own backgound as a
neurophysiologist that he was way ahead of most scientists in
understanding the nervous system and how stimulants affect it.

By the way I too drool over bone marrow. If the day comes when it
doesn't taste good to me, then I'll know my body doesn't want it and it
will become for me an undesirable stimulant.

My best, Ellie