RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 00:29:04 GMT
Jean-Louis Tu:
>In summary:
> A- One gains nothing by cooking foods that we would eat raw (like fruits)

> B- By cooking lightly, availability of some nutrients may be enhanced, some
>anti-nutrients and may be destroyed; very little vitamins and minerals are
>destroyed; very little Maillard molecules are produced. None of the most toxic
>compounds (PAHs, etc) are created.

>In addition, cooking enables us to get some nutrients that we would find less
>easily in raw foods.

> C- Further cooking results in further losses and creation of toxic compounds,
>and nothing is gained in the process.

I appreciate this post. My raw diet does not include animal products and
the only "substantiated" comment I have would be that I have never felt
better physically and that I will endeavour to monitor every aspect of my
well-being over the long-term. I'm not hooked on labels (Natural Hygienist,
fruitarian, raw fooder, Instincto, et al) and I'll make the necessary
adjustments when needed.

Also, diet alone will not ensure, for me, overall health. We could discuss
B12 analogs till our faces turn blue but I'd rather be trail running at the
crack of dawn.

Thanks again,
-jo-